1) Work closely with solar engineer to understand project specification and requirements.
2) Create solar photovoltaic system layouts, electrical single line diagrams and other technical drawings such as cable looping, cable routing, inverter placement etc. in AutoCAD.
3) Create 3D models of building using AutoCAD or Google SketchUp for engineer to perform shading analysis.
4) Progress towards the understanding of full project plan sets and PV system operation and industry knowledge.
5) Communicate with structural engineers, electrical engineers and electricians to ensure drawings accurately represent system design requirements.
6) Revise drawings as needed throughout the development and construction phases.